Vector data processing
Vector data processing¶
Here we introduce basics of vector data processing in Python. You will learn to work with geographic objects in python, read and write vector data, work with coordinate reference systems and do various spatial analysis tasks using geopandas and other open source Python libraries.
- Geographic objects in Python/Shapely
- Introduction to spatial data analysis with geopandas
- Vector Data I/O in Python
- Map projections
- From text to map
- Spatial queries and selections
- Spatial join
- Nearest Neighbour Analysis
- Spatial index - How to boost spatial queries?
- Nearest neighbor analysis with large datasets
- Geometric operations